[Samba] Samba 3.0.0rc3 : HPUX Makefile problem

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Thu Sep 11 00:40:23 GMT 2003

How does one get past this problem, which is the one that stalls my
compile:

Linking shared library bin/pam_smbpass.sl
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: DP relative code in file /var/tmp//ccqbI3id.o - shared
library must be position
    independent.  Use +z or +Z to recompile.
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

Where would this +z or +Z even go? Part of CFLAGS?

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - Jr. UNIX Systems Admin
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630