[Samba] Re: How to find all workgroups being used on a subnet?

David Wuertele dave-gnus at bfnet.com
Thu Sep 11 23:26:57 GMT 2003

John> HAve you checked out 'findsmb' that is supplied as part of Samba?

Yes, and I don't think it does what I want.  It only does nmblookup '*',
which does not return the address of any hybrid mode node that does
not have the messenger service (resource "<03>") enabled, which
happens to be most of the boxes on our network.

If I knew the workgroups of those boxes, I could find the browser and
get the registered names.  Without the workgroups, I'll never be able
to find those boxes.

Dave