[Samba] Help using multiple file servers

Andre de Koning andre at vippayroll.co.za
Wed Sep 10 22:21:55 GMT 2003

What samba gives you is the ability to specify different profile paths for
different users - you could thus split your user load between say 10 servers
with their profiles located on their own servers.  It does not however solve
the problem of the profile only being available on one server.  If you want
the users' profiles to follow them around and always be serverd from the
local server they log onto, user something like rsync - or a central nfs
store on a seperate server that just stores profiles.

I assume you want the same server (eg. server A) to always server say user
A's profile - no matter which dc he logs onto - this ldap will do.

Andre