[Samba] Domain unavaliable

Tom Dickson bombcar at bombcar.com
Wed Sep 10 01:09:41 GMT 2003

If you can't find the DOMAIN, I would suspect a WINS server issue.

Look both at the log.nmbd file in /var/log/samba, and also check that
your windows clients have their wins server set correctly: either

ipconfig

under Windows NT and sons, or

winipcfg

under Windows 95 and its, uh, heirs.

Both can be run from a command (DOS command.com or cmd.exe) window.

If the WINS server is wrong, then network browsing will go all to h*ck!