[Samba] Samba3.0.0rc3 -> charset
jra at samba.org
Tue Sep 9 22:39:13 GMT 2003
On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 06:36:26PM -0400, Rob Naccarato wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 09:13:14PM +0000, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 04:35:33PM -0400, Rob Naccarato wrote:
> > >
> > > I changed "unix charset" from the default of UTF8 to ASCII and now
> > > things work very well.
> > >
> > > Any ideas what's happening?
> > Please try the following patch, change back to utf8 and see if it
> > fixes the problem. It just missed the RC3 cutoff but is in CVS.
> > Jeremy.
> > --- lib/charcnv.c Mon Sep 8 07:13:30 2003
> > +++ /home/jeremy/src/samba3.0/source/lib/charcnv.c Mon Sep 8 14:27:10 2003
> Hm, the patch wouldn't take, so I did it by hand. Changing back to default
> (UTF8) reveals the same problems (smbd taking up 99.9% of cpu and the
> client (XP) is *extremely* slow at doing various things).
Can you get me a backtrace - it looks like the iconv library may
be having problems. Also if you can send me a listing of the
directory containing the extended characters causing problems I
can try and reproduce it here.
More information about the samba