[Samba] configure / compile problems samba-3.0.0rc3 on Solaris 8

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at christ-wasser.de
Tue Sep 9 07:35:36 GMT 2003

Hello,
I'm running a Sun Fire V880 with Solaris 8 and iplanet directory server
4.16sp1. I'm using gcc 3.2.2.
When I run the configure, there are several warnings ans when I try to
compile samba-3.0.0rc3 I get an error.
Now here the warnings from configure --with-acl-support:

checking net/if.h usability... no
checking net/if.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: net/if.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: net/if.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: net/if.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
checking for net/if.h... yes
checking security/pam_modules.h usability... no
checking security/pam_modules.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: security/pam_modules.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: security/pam_modules.h: check for missing
prerequisite heade
rs?
configure: WARNING: security/pam_modules.h: proceeding with the
preprocessor's r
esult
checking for security/pam_modules.h... yes
checking netinet/ip.h usability... no
checking netinet/ip.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
checking for netinet/ip.h... yes
checking for LDAP support... auto
checking ldap.h usability... no
checking ldap.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: ldap.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: ldap.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: ldap.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
checking for ldap.h... yes
checking for ldap_initialize... no
configure: WARNING: libldap is needed for LDAP support
checking for Active Directory and krb5 support... auto
configure: WARNING: Active Directory Support requires LDAP support
Using libraries:
    LIBS = -lsendfile -lsec -lgen -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl -ldl   -liconv
    AUTH_LIBS =

It seems that libldap isn't found, but I have it in /usr/lib and the
path ist the first entry in LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Here now the error when compiling with gcc 3.2.2:
 make
Using FLAGS =  -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include  -Iinclude
-I/var/iplanet/samba-3.0.0
rc3/source/include -I/var/iplanet/samba-3.0.0rc3/source/ubiqx
-I/var/iplanet/sam
ba-3.0.0rc3/source/smbwrapper  -I. -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I
/var/iplanet/samba-3.0.0rc3/source
      LIBS = -lsendfile -lsec -lgen -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl -ldl -liconv
      LDSHFLAGS = -G  -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib
      LDFLAGS = -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib
Generating smbd/build_options.c
Building include/proto.h
creating /var/iplanet/samba-3.0.0rc3/source/include/proto.h
Building include/wrepld_proto.h
creating /var/iplanet/samba-3.0.0rc3/source/include/wrepld_proto.h
Building include/build_env.h
creating /var/iplanet/samba-3.0.0rc3/source/nsswitch/winbindd_proto.h
creating /var/iplanet/samba-3.0.0rc3/source/web/swat_proto.h
creating /var/iplanet/samba-3.0.0rc3/source/client/client_proto.h
creating /var/iplanet/samba-3.0.0rc3/source/utils/net_proto.h
Compiling dynconfig.c
In file included from dynconfig.c:21:
include/includes.h:834:18: popt.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `dynconfig.o'

popt.h is present in source/popt.

Can anyone help me to solve this problems?

Kind regards.
Thomas

Thomas Müller                      Phone: +49-711-88716-147
Department Manager IT        Fax: +49-711-88716-777
Christ GmbH                        Mail: thomas.mueller at christ-wasser.de
Mittlerer Pfad 9                    Internet: www.christ-wasser.de
70499 Stuttgart
Germany

DISCLAIMER

Any opinions expressed in this eMail are those of the the individual and not necesserily
the company. This eMail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible fo delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this eMail in error and that any use is strictly prohibited. If you have received this eMail
in error, please advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your eMail
software.

We have taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachement to this
eMail is swept for viruses. However, we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained
as a result of software viruses and advise you carry out your own virus checks before
opening any attachement.