[Samba] Computer Appears in Wrong Workgroup

Dan Rasmussen dras_2001 at msn.com
Mon Sep 8 13:15:27 GMT 2003

Hello,

I'm using Samba 3.0.0rc2-Debian on Debian unstable.  At the time being it
does everything I want it to except one: I'm in the wrong workgroup.
Despite the line
workgroup = BETASIG
in my smb.conf, I show up in the workgroup "WORKGROUP."  There is no mention
of "workgroup" or "WORKGROUP" anywhere else in my smb.conf other than this.

Would be happy to share my smb.conf if that helps or provide any other
relevant information.
Thanks,

Daniel Rasmussen