[Samba] Any way to do Linux User home directories via Samba

George Farris farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Thu Sep 4 22:21:09 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 14:21, Mark Ferlatte wrote:
> Paul Eggleton said on Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 09:02:15AM +1200:
> > Jason Joines wrote on Friday, 5 September 2003 7:02 a.m.:
> > >    All of our user authentication is done via LDAP.  We have an all
> > > Linux backend and tons of windows desktops.  We've just started
> > > getting a few people to move to Linux on the desktop.  Is there any
> > > way that I can have their home directory automatically mounted via
> > > Samba when they log in?
>
> Are your home directories on a Linux server?  If so, use NFS instead of samba.

NFS is so F**cked up but I would like to do this as well but I run into
major issues with file locking and GNOME.  I think KDE has problems as
well.  statd runs but there are weird problems anyway.  If anyone has
this working really well I'd love to know exactly how they setup both
server, client and iptables rules.

George Farris	farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Malaspina University-College - Cowichan Campus