[Samba] Bug - The Time stamp in Samba is 11 hours behind time stamp in Linux

Bob Crandell bob at assuredcomp.com
Thu Sep 4 17:25:43 GMT 2003

Each time this happens to me I restart samba.  Samba then picks up the time from
LInux.  It usually happens when there is a large change in time after Samba starts.

Lynn (windwalker_2000 at yahoo.com) wrote:

>Hi. Please help me how to resolve a Samba bug
>
>The Time stamp in Samba is 11 hours behind time stamp in Linux
>
>on Windows 2000 workstation, the time is 12:00PM, 9-3-2003
>on Linux        workstation, the time is 12:00PM, 9-3-2003
>using Samba Version 2.2.8a in the Linux computer
>
>I mapped a Samba drive from a Windows 2000 workstation to a Linux computer. Next, I
created a folder named New_Folder. the date created on this folder (on the Samba
mapped drive) indicates 9/3/2003 1:00AM

>When I went in to the Linux command line and looked at the New_Folder directory
using the command "ls -al", the date created indicates 9/3/2003 12:00PM

>drwxrwx---    2 admin    engineer     4096 Sep  3 12:00 New_Folder

>The date of when the New_Folder directory was in Samba is 11 hours earlier than the
one in the Linux computer using "ls -al" command.