[Samba] samba-3.0.0rc dc domain logon problem

Yann Brillouet yann.brillouet at supelec.fr
Wed Sep 3 14:30:38 GMT 2003

I run for tests a domain controller and a samba server with
samba-3.0.0rc2. Domain users can authenticate locally on the domain
controller, but I get a logon failure when I try to list the shares on
the member server.

The error the user gets is: "session setup failed:
NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE" but digging the logs of the member server , I
get "domain_client_validate: unable to validate password for user test
in domain LOTR to Domain controller \\STRIDER. Error was
NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD."

This error first came up with an LDAP passdb backend, but reproduced
with a smbpasswd backend as well.

I attach the config files for both machines.

If anyone has an idea.

cheers.

--
Yann Brillouet