[Samba] pam_winbind

Kevin Druet kdruet at wsd1.org
Wed Oct 15 13:42:48 GMT 2003

Hello, I am at my wits end with this...

could someone please post a working /etc/pam.d/login  and system-auth
file for RedHat 9.

I have followed various howto docs, and looked at quite a few
configuration examples. None of them seem to work on my system.

I am trying to get Redhat 9 clients to authenticate from an NT 4 server.

I have been able to get this partialy working, but noticed that any
wrong password would authenticate a user on the local machine...this of
course was not desired.

I also intend to use pam_mount and pam_mkhomdir as well.

any help will be apreciated... thanx in advance.