[Samba] Re: [OT]SPAM

tvsjr tvsjr at sprynet.com
Wed Oct 15 12:38:45 GMT 2003

OK, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about... of course, look at the
number of people confirming my story.

You'll discover that Outlook the mail client and Outlook the news reader
are very much intermingled - if someone is using Outlook to browse the
newsgroups and is infected, they will still transmit the virus to the
direct email addresses shown on Usenet.

Read this one more time: I *DO NOT* have the option of running server-side
filtering, unless I want to use Earthlink's option, which has given
numerous false positives! As a consultant, I can not afford to have
customer email ending up in the trash because the server thought it was spam.

Furthermore, I'm subscribed to 20+ mailing lists on this account (from
various services, including private lists, Yahoo Groups, etc.) The spam
count was about 10 per day until I subscribed to the Samba list. Now it's
over 200. Argue as much as you like, but no one else seems to have this
problem.

Terry