[Samba] Machine accounts

jean-marc pouchoulon jean-marc.pouchoulon at ac-montpellier.fr
Tue Oct 14 09:24:24 GMT 2003

>  Can someone clarify how do I add machine accounts and user accounts?
Do they have to exist already in /etc/passwd?

	Pdbedit is reading your smb.conf and specially the backend you
choose. What is your backend in smb.conf ? I think your are using
ldapbackend.

	Machine account must exist in /etc/passwd or on ldap.( as user
accounts )
	With ldap pdbedit is going to the job , if the ldap record exist
( pdbedit just add samba attribute ), both for users and machine.
Smbpasswd continue to work with 3.0 version.

	Hope this help

	Jean-Marc