[Samba] Is there a way to enforce a single login domain wide

Douglas Phillipson phillipd at oem.doe.gov
Fri Oct 10 21:54:48 GMT 2003

I would like to enforce a policy for a user being only able to login
once anywhere in the Domain.  When you use roaming profiles, the system
gets confused and leaves the local profile on the client PC if the same
user logs in on a second machine while they are still loggewd in on the
first one.  This then causes the Samba profile to NOT get updated on
logout.  If a user is currently logged on a domain, I need that user to
be refused if they logon to a second machine until they logoff the first
machine.  Is this possible with Samba, or would I use some sort of logon
script to query something and force the user off at their second login
attempt?  When this problem occurs you have to reboot the machine and
remove the users local profile so it will again use the roaming profile
on the samba DC.  Very irritating...

Thanks

DSP