[Samba] secret is bad

Eichkorn, David deichkorn at gflesch.com
Wed Oct 8 19:18:32 GMT 2003

Hello,

I am having a problem with Samba.  I am running Red Hat Linux v 8.0 with Samba v 2.2.8a.  I am also using Squid v2.5.Stable2 for proxy access.

The squid server is currently reporting the following errors:

(wb_ntlmauth)[18251](wb_ntlm_auth.c:273): fgets() failed! dying..... errno=0 (Success)
(wb_auth)[18263](wb_basic_auth.c:110): fgets() failed! dying..... errno=0 (Success)

This gives me a gut feeling that samba is not able to authenticate to the windows domain.

When I type /usr/local/samba/bin/wbinfo -t, the system returns secret is bad.  I've attempted to reattach to the domain by doing the following:

/usr/local/samba/bin/smbpasswd -j DOMAIN NAME -r DC NAME -U USERNAME

The system does prompt me for a password and then returns JOINED DOMAIN.

Is there something that I am missing?  Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly.  -David

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please contact the sender or call 800-333-5905 ext. 1259, and delete the material from all computers.