[Samba] Simple problem I cannot figure out :/

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Mon Oct 6 16:04:43 GMT 2003

Morning everyone.

I'm having a brain freeze this morning and I cannot figure out a problem
I'm having on one of my Samba File servers.
It is running samba 2.2.7.

I have setup a share that can only be accessed by users in the @wheel group.

Here is part of my smb.conf:

[Sambastuff]
    path = /backupstorage
    public = no
    valid users = @wheel
    only guest = no
    writable = yes
    printable = no
    browseable = yes

security = user

Now, for whatever reason, one user cannot access this share from his
Windows 2000 computer. He navigates to the share through Network
Neighborhood, highlights the share and tries to log in. When he enters his
username and password, it wont let him in. This is working fine for me as I
have no problem.

I've checked the share to make sure it has the group of wheel as well as
775 permissions on the directory (set it recursively).

Anyone have suggestions on how to fix thsi?

Thanks.

Jason