[Samba] Install a Printer Driver with no INF file?

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Mon Oct 6 16:23:05 GMT 2003

I would like to install the Adobe Generic PS driver on my Samba server for
use with my PDF creation spool. However, the issue is that I cannot get
the driver in question out of its box in a form that is useful for "Have
Disk..." as it comes in an EXE that installs itself to
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\SPOOL, etc. I have run into this in the past and simply gave
up, but I feel like there has got to be a way to solve it. Perhaps can I
somehow get the driver from a Windows machine with it already installed?

Thanks for any insight you can offer -- there are a number of drivers like
this and it is a hassle to have to install them locally on each machine.

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - Jr. UNIX Systems Admin
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630