[Samba] Samba 3 reports 'directory does not exist' when trying to creating an already existing directory

Arnold Hendriks a.hendriks at b-lex.nl
Thu Oct 2 12:27:56 GMT 2003

Hi,

since an upgrade to Samba 3 (the binary rpms samba-3.0.0-1from a
samba download site, redhat 7.3) this morning, we've been
experiencing problems with WinCVS on mounted network drives.

apparently, (one of) the following options is causing the problems (I
can't do more detailed testings right now because too many people
are working on the server) - we use these options to ensure proper
permissions on all drives:

; create mode = 0664
; directory mode = 0774
; force create mode = 0664
; force directory mode = 0775
; force security mode = 0644
; force directory security mode = 0775

when these options are not commented out, the following occurs
when trying to "mkdir" an already existing directory:

Z:\>dir
02-10-2003  13:43       <DIR>          palm

Z:\>mkdir palm

when these options are commented out, we get the 'normal' error:

Z:\>mkdir palm
A subdirectory or file palm already exists.

are the options we use deprecated, or is this just a problem in the
new samba release?

--
Arnold Hendriks <a.hendriks at b-lex.nl>
B-Lex Information Technologies <http://www.b-lex.com/>