[Samba] Win2k Profile Push Error?????

Steve steven.fisher at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 1 12:07:06 GMT 2003

Hi all,
    I'm currently having issues with my PDC saving
a win2k profile to the server. Details:-

OS RedHat 9
SMB 2.2.7a (installed from the RPM's on the install disk)

I have included a copy of my smb.con file at the bottom of this message, and
copies of the machine logs as attachments (thought they would be too big to
include here)

The problem I'm getting is that my WinXP machines seem to be logging in and
out fine,
saving the roaming profile without error.

The trouble comes when I'm trying to log in with win2k. It bound the PDC
without error,
logged in for the first time with out error.But when I log out 2K complains
about not being able
to write to the profile directory, with a detail note of "inefficient
resources". I only have  the
1 2K machine at present,so I'm not sure if it is a client config issue or if
it's the PDC.
(win2k sp2, installed sp2 to see if it resolved the issue, but it didn't)

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction.

TIA Steve

smb.conf : -

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = TELETEQ.MINE.NU
        netbios name = AZTEQ-FS-WINS1
        server string = Samba Server
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        obey pam restrictions = Yes
        pam password change = Yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
        unix password sync = Yes
        log level = 3
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        domain logons = Yes
        dns proxy = No
        printing = cups
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 \ -s
/bin/false -M %u

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        valid users = %S