[Samba] Problem with samba 3.0.0 installation

Jérôme Fenal jerome.fenal at logicacmg.com
Wed Oct 1 10:53:53 GMT 2003

What says 'df -k /usr/local' ?

Samba 3.0.0 has debugging information enabled in binaries, whatever you specify to configure. This leads to Samba crunching a huge set of disk space due to +50MB binaries.

After configure, edit Makefile and remove the '-g' in CFLAGS.
Recompile, and reinstall. Or strip all actual binaries.

Regards,

Jérôme

the system manager. LogicaCMG