[Samba] Win2k Profile Push Error?????

Steve steven.fisher at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 1 12:52:16 GMT 2003

 Hi all,
     I'm currently having issues with my PDC saving
 a win2k profile to the server. Details:-

 OS RedHat 9
 SMB 2.2.7a (installed from the RPM's on the install disk)

 I have included a copy of my smb.con file at the bottom of this message,
and
 copies of the machine logs as attachments (thought they would be too big to
 include here)

 The problem I'm getting is that my WinXP machines seem to be logging in and
 out fine, saving the roaming profile without error.

 The trouble comes when I'm trying to log in with win2k. It bound the PDC
 without error,  logged in for the first time with out error.But when I log
out 2K complains
 about not being able to write to the profile directory, with a detail note
of "inefficient
 resources". I only have  the 1 2K machine at present,so I'm not sure if it
is a client config issue or if
 it's the PDC.
 (win2k sp2, installed sp2 to see if it resolved the issue, but it didn't)

 Can anyone help or point me in the right direction.

 TIA Steve

 smb.conf : -

 # Global parameters
 [global]
         workgroup = TELETEQ.MINE.NU
         netbios name = AZTEQ-FS-WINS1
         server string = Samba Server
         encrypt passwords = Yes
         obey pam restrictions = Yes
         pam password change = Yes
         passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
         passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
         unix password sync = Yes
         log level = 3
         log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
         domain logons = Yes
         dns proxy = No
         printing = cups
         add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 \ -s
         /bin/false -M %u

 [homes]
         comment = Home Directories
         valid users = %S