[Samba] samba3, network printing, additional problems

rruegner robowarp at gmx.de
Wed Oct 29 18:24:46 GMT 2003

hi,
i copied suse info, you should have no problems with that printer if you
have newest kernel , cups and samba version

http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/ will give you advice in general

Best Regards

Detailed information about product: DeskJet 5550C
Actual settings:  Architecture=i386  Distribution=8.1  Language=english
Variation=none

Supported: full

Vendor Comment: For most HP OfficeJet printers there is a special driver
package "hp-officeJet". Printing on a HP OfficeJet should work without this
special package but for scanning you need to install and configure this
special package. The package is already compiled for SuSE Linux. Therefore
you don`t need to compile the software by yourself. For documentation see:
file:/usr/share/doc/packages/hp-officeJet/index.html or online under
http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/

Configurations: grayscale 300 dpi (using driver `hpijs`) - used by YaST2 as
default
grayscale 300 dpi draft (using driver `hpijs`)
grayscale 300 dpi (using driver `stp`)
monochrome 300 dpi (using driver `cdj500`)
grayscale 600 dpi (using driver `hpijs`)
grayscale 600 dpi (using driver `stp`)
grayscale 600 dpi (using driver `cdj500`)
color 300 dpi (using driver `hpijs`) - used by YaST2 as default
color 300 dpi draft (using driver `hpijs`)
color 300 dpi (using driver `stp`)
color 300 dpi (using driver `cdj970`)
color 300 dpi (using driver `cdj550`)
color 300 dpi (using driver `cdj500`)
color 600 dpi (using driver `hpijs`) - used by YaST2 as default
color 600 dpi (using driver `stp`)
color 600 dpi (using driver `cdj970`)
photo 1200 dpi (using driver `hpijs`) - used by YaST2 as default

SDB URLs: http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/jsmeix_print-kompatibel.html

----

Available detail combinations to product: DeskJet 5550C
  all 9.0 8.2 8.1 8.0 SLES 8 SLD 1.0 SLES 7 7.3 7.2 7.1 7.0 6.4
all - - - - - - - - - - - - -
i386 - - - full  - - - - - - - - -
amd64 - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ia64 - - - - - - - - - - - - -
axp - - - - - - - - - - - - -
s390 - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ppc - - - - - - - - - - - - -
sparc - - - - - - - - - - - - -

At the top all available distributions are listed.
At the left all available hardware architectures are listed: all:  entries
are independend from hardware architecture, i.e. CRT monitors
i386:  convenient PC with Pentium like processor
ia64:  64 bit processor architecture (from Intel, Itanium)
x86_64:  64 bit processor architecture (from AMD, Opteron and Athlon64)
axp:  Alpha processor family
s390:  IBM s390 family
ppc:  PowerPC family
sparc:  SPARC family