[Samba] LDAP + NET PROBLEM

Fabricio Adorno fabricio at dr.ufu.br
Tue Oct 28 13:19:16 GMT 2003

Hi, all

I've configured a samba server with smbpasswd backend that worked fine. I've
used "net group add"  command and it works too. So, I've changed my backend
to ldapsam, modifying the following lines in my smb.conf:

changed this:
passdb backend = smbpasswd, guest

to this:
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://localhost, guest

And I've added the lines:

ldap admin dn = cn=master,dc=xxx,dc=yyy
ldap delete dn = no
ldap suffix = dc=xxx,dc=yyy
ldap user suffix = dc=zzz
ldap machine suffix = dc=machine,dc=zzz
ldap group suffix = dc=groups,dc=zzz

PS.: My ldap server has been configured correctly

When I type the command "net groupmap list" I can't see any group (of course,
because I haven't added). But when I type "net group add SomeGroup -U root",
password is prompted, but I can type any password I want, that samba doesn't
give any kind of message (success or error), and the group has not been
added!

Is command net fully implemented with ldap backend?

Thanks, in advance!