[Samba] Winbind hangs on startup

extern.Lars.Oeschey at audi.de extern.Lars.Oeschey at audi.de
Tue Oct 28 12:01:57 GMT 2003

Hi,

we have a strange phenomen with a new Server with Samba 3.0 and winbindd
running. After startup of the server, a login takes about 10 minutes (until
the password prompt appears), in /var/log/messages we have

winbindd[1153]: [2003/10/28 12:00:27, 0] sam/idmap_tdb.c:db_allocate_id(136)

winbindd[1153]:   idmap Fatal Error: GID range full!! (max: 20000)

How can I check if there are really that much groups to be fetched? If I
manually start the samba and winbindd services there are no problems.

If I should provide more information or config-files, please tell me, I
didn't know *what* to provide.

Lars