[Samba] Samba 3.0.0.0 Installation error messages

Flores Bill-G14385 Bill.Flores at motorola.com
Fri Oct 24 19:26:58 GMT 2003

Installed samba 3.0.0.0 and when I run testparm I get the following errors:

n1fs2:/usr/local/bin:>./testparm |more
creating lame upcase table
creating lame lowcase table
Conversion from UCS-2LE to CP850 not supported
Conversion from UTF8 to CP850 not supported
Conversion from ASCII to CP850 not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UCS-2LE not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UTF8 not supported
Conversion from CP850 to ASCII not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UTF8 not supported
Conversion from UTF8 to CP850 not supported
creating default valid table
params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file "/ii/pa/samba-3.0.0.
0/usr/local/lib/smb.conf":
        A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
Conversion from UCS-2LE to CP850 not supported
Conversion from UTF8 to CP850 not supported
Conversion from ASCII to CP850 not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UCS-2LE not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UTF8 not supported
Conversion from CP850 to ASCII not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UTF8 not supported
Conversion from UTF8 to CP850 not supported
Failed to load /ii/pa/samba-3.0.0.0/usr/local/lib/valid.dat - A file or director
y in the path name does not exist.
creating default valid table
Load smb config files from /ii/pa/samba-3.0.0.0/usr/local/lib/smb.conf
Error loading services.

Any ideas why? I followed the instructions and have reinstalled it 3 times with the same issue. It looks like it's trying to load the smb.cof from a directory called /ii/pa/samba-3.0.0.0/usr/local/lib/smb.conf which does not exist on my system. Thanks.

Bill