[Samba] "advanced printing features" setting not saved

Alexander Geraldy geraldy at informatik.uni-kl.de
Thu Oct 23 18:59:21 GMT 2003

Hello,

we run SuSE8.2 with Samba 2.2.7a-78 (SuSE's own version?!) and Windows
XP clients. After an update to 3.0.0, everything works well (user access
on file services and printing), but we can't save the "advanced printing
features(?)" (german: "Erweiterte Druckfunktionen aktivieren") flag
(WinXP -> Settings -> any printer -> Advanced) anymore.
This holds for all our (HP-)printers while the duplex option is stored
on the samba server. This one flag is always reset to disabled without
any warning or error message.

A clean install of samba 3.0.0 did not change anything about this
problem. Since no user can print duplex or n-to-1 with samba 3.0.0, I
had to install the old samba version again.

Is there any known solution for this problem?
In which files are the printer settings stored on the samba server? I
didn't find anything about that topic.

thanks for your help!
- Alexander

Alexander Geraldy      <geraldy at informatik.uni-kl.de>
AG Rechnernetze, Fachbereich Informatik
Universität Kaiserslautern
Tel.: +49(631) 205-2591,  Fax: -3956
PGP : http://rn.informatik.uni-kl.de/~geraldy/pgp.asc
Fingerprint:
   D7D0 6505 B731 2D4F 0481 FD86 EF5D B98A D05B 5F7E