[Samba] WinXP login/ file access errors

michael spam_goes_here at devnull.com
Wed Oct 22 17:01:18 GMT 2003

I am having intermittent errors from XP clients logging in and accessing
files on the server.
"Insufficient System resources exist to complete this request"

I suspect this to be a purely XP issue, but I would like to rule out all
possiblities. I have done an extensive google and microsoft searches to
no avail.

Server: Custom Kernel 2.4.22
	xfs filesystem on Raid5 (setup in EVMS)
	Samba 3.0.0 (redhat rpm install - running out of time to build my own)
	Dual 3Com 3C996c NICS bridged

Clients: WinXP SP1
	Dual 3Ghz Xeon
	3GB memory
	onboard Intel Pro1000 gig NIC
	All registry and Group Policy settings according to Samba-HOWTO Chapter....
	 "requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000
	"signsecurechannel"=dword:00000000
	Do not check for user ownership of Roaming Profile Folders - enabled
	CompatibleRUPSecurity = 1

Similarly configured Win2K machines have been purring along just fine

testparm output

Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[profiles]"
Processing section "[netlogon]"
Processing section "[projects]"
Processing section "[library]"
Processing section "[director]"
Processing section "[temp]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_PDC
# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = ICVFX
	server string = server
	update encrypted = Yes
	obey pam restrictions = Yes
	pam password change = Yes
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
	unix password sync = Yes
	log level = 1
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	max log size = 0
	debug uid = Yes
	show add printer wizard = No
	add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g machines -s
/bin/false -M %u
	logon script = netlogon.bat
	logon path = \\octopus\%U\profile
	logon drive = J:
	logon home = \\octopus\%U
	domain logons = Yes
	os level = 255
	preferred master = Yes
	domain master = Yes
	wins support = Yes
	ldap ssl = no
	hosts allow = 127.0.0.1, 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0
	csc policy = disable

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	read only = No
	create mask = 0600
	directory mask = 0700
	browseable = No

[profiles]
	path = /home/profiles
	read only = No
	create mask = 0600
	directory mask = 0700
	nt acl support = No
	profile acls = Yes
	veto files = /*Cache*/*.tmp/*Templates*/
	browseable = No

[netlogon]
	comment = Network Logon Service
	path = /home/netlogon