[Samba] Problem with Primary and Secondary Groups in LDAP

Michael Gasch gasch at eva.mpg.de
Tue Oct 21 15:35:34 GMT 2003

hi

it's me again ;)

[System]

- Suse Linux 8.0
- OpenLdap 2.1
- Samba 3.0.0

I'm successfully using this combination in my domain with one exception
(i think it's my fault) :

if a user is member in more than _one_ group, his access to
/home/$USERNAME is denied

the samba logs say, this folder doesn't exist and windows authenticates
the user correctly but fails, when giving him his server-side profile
(doesn't exist, couldn't be found or missing permissions)

if i put the user in just one group back again, it works

the permissions on /home/$USERNAME are 0700 for $USERNAME.$PRIMGROUP

in my example the user was in group Users (Primary) and Domadmins
(Secondary)

plz help me (again)
if you want, i'll attach a log file

micha