[Samba] ACL's and permissions

Tom Dickson bombcar at bombcar.com
Tue Oct 21 03:17:34 GMT 2003

The share permissions override everything else.

You can manage the share permissions through the MMC (not sure how to do
this; check the HOWTO).

So, you'll have to add terry to the share list first.

This is the same as sharing a folder under Windows; if I'm not in the
permissions for the share, I can't access the files even if I am in the ACL.

- -Tom