[Samba] Getting a list of all possible smb mounts (and bug report on smbtree)

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Mon Oct 20 14:50:54 GMT 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Buchan Milne wrote:

> It seems to be a bit broken in samba-3.0.1pre1 though ... firstly it
> wants to be able to write to the log directory, and after changing the
> perms on the log directory, it dies loading codepages:

Buchan,

I just tried this with CVS checkout from 8 hours ago and it works fine on
SuSE 8.2.

jht at frodo:~> smbtree -Ujht
Password:
MIDEARTH
        \\FRODO                         Samba3
                \\FRODO\jht             Home Directories
                \\FRODO\raw             raw
                \\FRODO\photo           Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart P1000
                \\FRODO\normal_gray     Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart P1000
                \\FRODO\normal          Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart P1000
                \\FRODO\lp              lp
                \\FRODO\high_gray       Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart P1000
                \\FRODO\high            Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart P1000
                \\FRODO\draft_gray      Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart P1000
                \\FRODO\draft           Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart P1000
                \\FRODO\ADMIN$          IPC Service (Samba3)
                \\FRODO\IPC$            IPC Service (Samba3)
                \\FRODO\cdr             CDR Production Files
                \\FRODO\data            Data Stuff
                \\FRODO\media           Public Stuff
                \\FRODO\Profiles        Roaming Profile Share
                \\FRODO\print$          Printer Drivers Share
jht at frodo:~> smbtree -V
Version CVS 3.0.1pre2

I'm not sure what the problem might be at your end as I can not reproduce
the failure. Anyone else having problems with smbtree?

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org