[Samba] Samba 3 logon scripts not running...

Peter Atkin peter at computer-facilities.com
Sun Oct 19 21:07:48 GMT 2003

Help
..

I’ve managed to get Samba 3.0.0 almost working, I removed all of the Samba 2.2.8a RPM’s 3 of
them client, server and common.

I should state that all was working very well until I installed the new Samba 3 RPM.,
because of the errors I suspect something to do with the RPC but I am really not sure..

-I can join the domain from a W2K machine
-I can view and use the samba Directories
-all seems to work well except to logon scripts.

I then installed the single RPMS, samba-3.0.0-2_rh8.i386.rpm and then setup my smbfs mount
points so they would work
 I can do everything but run my logon scripts, when I view my set
variables in W2K I get:

--------------------------------
HOMEDRIVE="\
HOMEPATH=\core\peter"
---------------------------------
LOGONSERVER=\\SMB_SERVER
USERDOMAIN=CFU
USERNAME=peter
USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\peter.CFU

The thing to note here is that the HOMEDRIVE is no longer H: it now has a bit of the
HOMEPATH stuck in it, and then the HOMEPATH has the remainder.

What is should look like is this:
--------------------------------
HOMEDRIVE=H:
HOMEPATH="\\core\peter"
---------------------------------

When I check the smb.conf file all seems well, even when I do a “testparm –v” I can find no
fault.

        logon script = "%u.bat"
        logon path =
        logon drive = H:
        logon home = \\core\%u

[homes]
        comment = Users network home directory
        path = "/mnt/nas/users/u%"

[netlogon]
        comment = Network Logon Service
        path = /mnt/nas/logon/
        write list = @admin

Output from a session  logfile.
-peters_cube.log
[2003/10/20 02:45:01, 0] rpc_server/srv_pipe.c:api_pipe_netsec_process(1357)
  failed to decode PDU
[2003/10/20 02:45:01, 0] rpc_server/srv_pipe_hnd.c:process_request_pdu(605)
  process_request_pdu: failed to do schannel processing.

Can anyone shine some light on this,Thanks Peter