[Samba] Using Samba 3.0.0 with NIS+

wlwalker at datasync.com wlwalker at datasync.com
Fri Oct 17 15:50:10 GMT 2003

Is NIS+ still a valid option for Samba authentication in 3.0?  In some of the 2001 mailing lists: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba-technical&m=99897903907577&w=2, they state that it will not be supported.  Do this directions still apply?  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba&m=99802402319667&w=2

I am working on migrating to OpenLDAP, but I need something in place in the meantime.  Sending passwords in the clear is an option, but we prefer not to rely on the NT domain for reliability and security is a big factor in authenicating off the NT side.

Thank you,
Wendy