[Samba] Samba: 32 or 64 bit

Michael Agard magard at sbiandcompany.com
Fri Nov 28 06:17:54 GMT 2003

Tim,

The "file" command will give you the info you need. Here's some sample
output:

A 64 bit program:

server:> file /usr/bin/sparcv9/adb
/usr/bin/sparcv9/adb:   ELF 64-bit MSB executable SPARCV9 Version 1,
dynamically linked, stripped

A 32 bit program:

server:> file /usr/local/samba/bin/smbd
/usr/local/samba/bin/smbd:      ELF 32-bit MSB executable SPARC Version 1,
dynamically linked, not stripped

Cheers,

Michael Agard
Senior Network Administrator