[Samba] very low speed local network browsing from win xp clients

Buda Gábor buda.gabor at euronics.hu
Fri Nov 28 00:49:40 GMT 2003

It's WORKS!!!

Our 1 year problem is no longer exist!!! The speed of browsing our workgroup
is FAAAST now! With Your help and a full server restart the problem is
solved. (I'm very HAPPY now!!!)   :-)

The smb.conf file now:

[global]
;	domain master = no
;	local master = yes
;	preferred master = yes
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	printing = bsd
	syslog only = no
	dns proxy = no
	null passwords = yes
	protocol = NT1
	name resolve order = bcast host
	strict sync = no
;	socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
	character set = iso8859-2
	short preserve case = yes
	printcap name = /etc/printcap
	invalid users = root
	max log size = 1000
	interfaces = 192.168.32.253/255.255.255.0
	debug level = 0
	passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
	preserve case = yes
	security = user
	unix password sync = no
	workgroup = vorosko
	server string = %h server (Samba %v)
	syslog = 0
	client code page = 852
	netbios name = SERVER
	guest account = nobody
	load printers = no
	os level = 33
;	socket address = 192.168.32.253

Best regards to everyone

Gabor Buda
Hungary

ps.: Thanks a lot again (Samba Master) JHT!