[Samba] ACL/Files permissions with Win access control list

Aurélien Degrémont adegremont at idealx.com
Thu Nov 27 13:17:20 GMT 2003

Fabien Chevalier wrote:

>Could you give a bit more information about your setup?
>I've tested your case...and for me it works just fine. [Samba 3.0.1pre3 + Windows XP Pro SP1]

Here is my smb.conf

[global]

        workgroup = SMBTEST

        security = user
        domain logons = yes
        domain master = yes

        admin users = root @"Domain Admins"

        log level = 0 rpc_srv:1 rpc_parse:1 passdb:5
        dos charset = iso8859-1
        unix charset = iso8859-1
        display charset = iso8859-1

        passdb backend = tdbsam

        ;-------------------
        add user script = useradd -m "%u"
        delete user script = userdel "%u"
        set primary group script = usermod -g "%g" "%u"
        add user to group script = adduser "%u" "%g"
        delete user from group script = deluser "%u" "%g"

        add group script = groupadd "%g"
        delete group script = groupdel "%g"

        add machine script = useradd -g machines -c "Machine" -d
/dev/null -s /bin/false "%u"

- Samba was compiled with --with-acl-support option. The libs are present.
- testparm said that "nt acl support  = yes"
- Running on Debian Sid.
- There's no specific message inside the logs. The permissions for the
domain user/group are correctly stored.

T.I.A.

Aurélien