[Samba] profile problems after upgrade

Tilman Giese tilman.giese at gmx.net
Thu Nov 27 11:37:12 GMT 2003

Hi,

I just switched from Samba 2.0.6 to 2.2.8a. I know that this is not the
latest release but I doubt that it would be different when using 3.0.0 (I also
used 2.2.2 and 2.2.6).

During the logon procedure I use the following script that avoids the
question whether the user wants to save his profile:

set regfile=c:\windows\temp\profreg.reg
echo REGEDIT4> %regfile%
echo.>> %regfile%
echo
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProfileList]>> %regfile%
echo.>> %regfile%

echo
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\%username%]>> %regfile%
echo "ProfileImagePath"="U:\\profile">> %regfile%

regedit /s %regfile%

After I switched to the new Samba release, I got the following problem. If
the user logs out he is asked whether he wants to overwrite the network
profile with the local profile. But when I disable the above script, he is not
asked.

So where is the difference between the behaviour of these two versions, why
does this question appear and how can I solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Tilman Giese