[Samba] samba 3 mandrake rpms...where is net tool?

Tim Jordan timothy_jordan at labor.state.ak.us
Wed Nov 26 23:22:59 GMT 2003

I installed the RPMS from samba web site for Mandrake 9.1.
Configuration is weird as things are labeled smbd3 or winbind3...

Testparm runs against /etc/samba/smb.conf yet swat configures the
smb.conf in a different location...hmm....

But really my problem is joining the AD domain as a member server.  I
can't locate the net tool.

How is this done?

How does testparm know to test against /etc/samba3/smb.conf instead of
/etc/samba/smb.conf?

Perhaps there are two versions of samba here?  I loaded a clean mandrake
9.1 install and then loaded the RPM's.

Should I scrap this idea and compile from scratch on Mandrake?

Please advise if possible,
Tim