[Samba] Re: Can't use offline files in Windows 2000 properly

Nick Gale nick at thegales.me.uk
Wed Nov 26 17:10:14 GMT 2003

I was having problems with Offline folders and Samba 2.2.7 (running on RH8)
and upgraded to 3.0.1Pre and the problem appears to have gone away. I'm not
using ACL's either. My problem with offline folders was  not on writing them
to the local machine but on writing them back when it went back on the
network.

Note that 3.0.0 has a bug that allows certain Office docs - Word and Excel
to write over a file that is already open on another  machine, hence why I
went for 3.0.1Pre. I also found that the default settings on 3.0.1 are "nt
acl support = yes", you would need to change that to no.

Hope this helps

Nick

news:200311261511.53655.darius at dons.net.au...