[Samba] PDC/LDAP/SAMBA3/NT4/winbind/trusted domains corrections

Carl J. Hilinski CHilinski at timespapers.com
Wed Nov 26 16:52:38 GMT 2003

If you wanted to follow my steps for setting up a samba PDC in a trusted
domain with NT4, please note that there are some corrections. I had a
second person follow my steps and we found some problems.

First, the link I originally posted as incomplete. It needs a slash at
the end. The correct link is:
http://www.hilinski.net/samba/

The doc file posted there was corrected today, 11/26/2003 at 11:30 a.m.
est.

I have some questions while I am posting.

#1. If you use winbind, is there any reason to put the add machine, add
user, etc., scripts in smb.conf? It seems winbind doesn't bother with
these.

#2. Along the same lines, if you use winbind is there any reason to do
the group mapping between nt groups and unix groups?

#3. According to the docs, "winbind gid" is supposed to be a synonym for
"idmap ." I don't think that works in the latest prerelease code.