[Samba] Samba + MySQL

Ben Davis ben.davis at pca-wichita.com
Tue Nov 25 16:51:31 GMT 2003

>That's the query for receiving the data that is failing. What have you
>set the 'unknown 5 column' to?

Here are the columns I've set to null in my smb.conf file:  ("users" is
the mysql identifier).

        users:plain pass column = NULL
        users:unknown 6 column = NULL
        users:acct desc column = NULL
        users:workstations column = NULL
        users:unknown string column = NULL
        users:munged dial column = NULL
        users:unknown 3 column = NULL
        users:logon divs column = logon_divs
        users:hours len column = hours_len
        users:unkown 5 column = NULL

I'm also seeing this error in my /var/log/samba/smbd.log:
    [2003/11/25 10:29:55, 0]
passdb/pdb_mysql.c:mysqlsam_select_by_field(518)
    Error while executing MySQL query Unknown column 'unknown_5' in
'field list'

Those fields don't exist in my database.  Do I still need them in there
even though They're not being used?  I know I could add the fields as a
quick fix,  but I was curious if I just configured something wrong..