[Samba] user policies using win xp and samba3

kyle kyle at navegalia.com
Mon Nov 24 12:51:24 GMT 2003

Hi folks :-)

I managed to fix my previous problems [*] (the "ftp" guest account didn't
exist on that machine so everything from that point was screwed) and now
authenticating and roaming profiles work OK :-)

[*]  http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/msg74586.html

Now I'd like to know whether it is possible to set some "desktop
restrictions" as on Win9x/NT4 machines with poledit.exe (policy editor). Do
I need to set up some 'active directory' on Samba 3? Is it that possible?

Any info/links on this *really* appreciated! :-)

thanks!!

--
Window$ Macht Frei!