[Samba] Samba 2.2.8a Solaris 9

Todd Johnson todd_johnson at dnr.state.ak.us
Fri Nov 21 18:03:23 GMT 2003

We have Samba 2.2.8a working fine here in our office for file sharing
and print sharing. We wanted to now start using the PDC option of this
build. I have added the needed switches in the smb.conf file for a PDC
(verifed this through many FAQ's and Googles and Book walk-throughs).
The problem is this. When I try to add a client to the domain it
responds that the domain is not found and maybe I typed it wrong. It
backs about DNS. My DNS settings are fine. I have went through them a
few times already. We have spent a few hours troubleshooting this with
no luck. We feel that everyhing is correct in our smb.conf file. The
testparm prints out fine that these switches are in fact "yes".

Anyone ever run across setting up a PDC function and then not be able to
FIND the PDC??

All the other options samba gives us are running properly (file share
and printing).

Todd