[Samba] Windows XP Pro (client) with Samba 3 Server

Ryan D. Hatch rhatch at leadership-solutions.net
Fri Nov 21 17:55:42 GMT 2003

Hi everybody!

I have a problem that I just cant seem to figure out.  I am running
Windows XP Professional and I am trying to authenticate to my samba 3
server.  I type:
\\servername <file:///\\servername>  into the run dialog box, and up
comes a list lf shares.  When I click on the shares however, I am
prompted with the "Connect to servername" dialog box, but the username
is grayed out and it says: "servername\Guest".  It prompts me for a
password, but I am unable to put in a correct username.  I already have
ForceGuest turned off on my XP box.  It is also interesting to know that
Windows 2000 boxes can connect and authenticate just fine at the
password prompt and are not forced to use the guest account.
Furthermore, I am able to connect just fine to other Windows 2000 boxes
from my XP box. (when doing so, it prompts me for a username and
password like normal).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

Here is a copy of my smb.conf:

[global]