[Samba] Samba 3.0 and the HP PSC 750 printer (printing over cups)

Grosswiler Roger roger at gwch.net
Fri Nov 21 08:31:55 GMT 2003

still have this problems using the hp psc750. found now some funny entries
in my logs...

printing/print_cups.c:cups_job_submit(756)  Unable to print file to usblp0 -
client-error-document-format-not-supported : 2 Time(s)

seems that i have a format-problem....but where???

HEEEEEEEEEEELP!!

>> [Samba] Samba 3.0 and the HP PSC 750 printer (printing over cups)
>>
>>     * To: samba at listsdotsambadotorg
>>     * Subject: [Samba] Samba 3.0 and the HP PSC 750 printer (printing
>> over cups)
>>     * From: "Grosswiler Roger" <roger at gwchdotnet>
>>     * Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:34:27 +0100 (CET)
>>
>> hi all,
>>
>> i have samba 3.0 on a fedora-linux running. almost everyting works fine,
>> except one printer, my hp psc 750 (connected via usb) is not printing
>> via
>> samba.
>>
>> I get pages printed (via cups or whatever) if i print from the
>> localhost.
>>
>> So, here a few data from my smb.conf:
>>    printcap name = cups
>>    printing = cups
>>    load printers = yes
>> [printers]
>>    comment = All Printers
>>    path = /var/spool/samba
>>    browseable = no
>> # Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
>>    public = yes
>>    guest ok = yes
>>    writable = no
>>    printable = yes
>>
>> any idea??
>>

> If there is a "PPD" file involved with your printing setup,
> have you by any chance checked it against the online CUPS PPD
> validator? See here:
>
>    http://www.cups.org/testppd
>
> or run the "cupstestppd" program yourself....

cupstest:
 cupstestppd /etc/cups/ppd/usblp0.ppd
/etc/cups/ppd/usblp0.ppd: PASS
 a nice result....the printer prints locally without any problem. its just
samba no printing... see info at top from my logs.