[Samba] Win 2k and XP fail to log on to Samba (winlogon.exe error)

Eric W. Holzapfel e.male at verizon.net
Thu Nov 20 04:57:51 GMT 2003

Hello Samba Listers,

I have samba running on red hat 9.0 (2.2.8a).  It is set for domain
logons etc.

I can log on to the domain no problem with windows 98, including running
a logon.bat file, etc.  My workgroup name is "SAMBA"

When I try to get an XP client or Win 2k client to logon, (I was able to
  get the client to say "Welcome to the Samba Domain").
I logon, the script runs, hear the windows music theme, and then get a
dialog box on windows saying "SAS -winlogon.exe application error"

I can put my smb.conf up to the mailing list if required.  Any ideas
what is wrong????  My logon home, path etc are set according to sample
from O'Reilly Samba book.

Thanks,
eric