[Samba] Problem logging into Samba PDC

tbey at tbey.com tbey at tbey.com
Thu Nov 20 01:35:10 GMT 2003

The problem I an having seems very strange.  I can add a workstation to my
domain with no problem but when I reboot the workstation and try to login
in to the domain I get the following error:

Windows cannon connect to the domain, either because the domain controller
is down or otherwise unavailable, or because your computer account was not
found.

I took a look at the logs and it seems as if eht user or the machine is
considered the guest account.  I am wondering if it is a domain sid issue.
 Is it possible to overwrite the domain sid once you promote a Samba BDC
to the domain PDC.

Also I would like to add that I cannot run any of the net commands.
Running the net rpc info command give me nothing.  Running the wbinfo
command gives me an error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks