[Samba] Mac permision problems after Debian update

Michael Carland mcarland at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 01:52:13 GMT 2003

A little more info. I bumped up the debug level of Samba to 3, and do not
see any problems in log.smbd, nothing obvious anyways. More interesting is
that while OS X is displaying the error dialog "The operation cannot be
completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for
"GreyStreet.mp3", if I look in the directory with another machine, I see
the created files:

files:/music/photos/FooBar# ls -al | grep Grey
-rwxr--r--    1 mcarland mcarland       82 Nov 19 19:41 ._GreyStreet.mp3
-rwxr--r--    1 mcarland mcarland        0 Nov 19 19:41 GreyStreet.mp3

I am the owner, I have full permisions. Strange. As soon as I dismiss the
error dialog, both files are gone.

It looks like this is a problem with OS X, but this worked fine until the
Samba upgrade.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to track this down?

Thanks,

-Michael