[Samba] Mac permision problems after Debian update

Michael Carland mcarland at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 19:22:56 GMT 2003

Last night I did a long overdue security update of my Debian file server.
One of the updates was to Samba 2.2.3a-12.3.

Since then, I've had a very strange (to me) permissions issue, that I have
not been able to resolve digging around in Google.

Using the shares on a Win2K machine, everything is fine. I can log in,
persuse existing content, and make new directories and files.

On my Mac (10.2.x), I am having problems. I can log in, peruse existing
content, and make new directories. But I can not create a new file from
the Mac, with one exception. The Mac is able to copy a file that already
exists on the share onto the share. I am unable to copy a file from the
Mac to the share. The error is that I do not have sufficient permisions.

I have changed the permissions from the Debian side to be wide open on a
test directory, that did not work. I have tried to change the permissions
from w2k on that folder, but the changes don't seem to take.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

-Michael
(Please CC me directly, I have subscribed to this list, but have not
received confirmation)