[Samba] smbmount: smb_trans2_request message

Jean-Philippe BATTU jean-philippe.battu at bull.net
Tue Nov 18 12:45:57 GMT 2003

Hello

I use smb 2.2.3a on an i386 under redhat 7.3, server installation.
with smbmount , I try and success to access to a win nt machine.
the directory is exported, I write on the samba machine :

smbmount //my_nt_machine/directory -o username=mylogin,password=my_pass

and it works fine. But in the /var/log/messages, smbmount produces this
output , just before mounting the directory

kernel: smb_trans2_request: result=-104, setting invalid
kernel: smb_retry: successful, new pid=1402, generation=2

I would like to know if this warning is normal or if something is wrong
in my configuration

Thanks for your answers !

Cheers

Jean-Philippe BATTU