[Samba] Samba 3 and Mac OS X Jaguar to authenticate AD2003 users

DashKappei dashkappei76 at tiscali.it
Fri Nov 14 18:24:33 GMT 2003

Hi all

My network is splitted in two parts: windows and macintosh, but all the
usernames/password are on a win2003 server (with active directory, of
course). I'd jusk like to allow authentication on both platforms with a
single username, stored in AD. I read somewhere that OS X Server 10.3
has Samba 3 as a default package installed, but I can't unfortunately
upgrade the OS, so I need some support about how to setup a Samba
upgrade in a Mc OS X Server (Jaguar). I mean: I simply need to compile
sources without uninstalling the previous version or I need to do
something else?
Can anybody be so kind to tell me the full procedure to solve my
problem?

Thanks a lot to everyone
Bye